Mary Vine Creek Falls

Yesterday, my girlfriend Hannah, my dog Grizzly and I went on a hike at Mary Vine Creek Falls in Sooke. This was my first time taking my dog Grizzly on a hike with some significant incline, and he loved it! He was “leading the pack” and tugging at his leash the whole way. This hike starts out from the Sooke Potholes parking lot. I hadn’t been here since I was a small child. Overall, the three of us hiked 2.2 kilometres with a total of 56 meters elevation. This took us 47 minutes.

Hiking Statistics from AllTrails

The trail itself was beautiful, secluded and covered in fallen autumn leaves. We saw just two other people on this specific trail. The first two thirds of the hike was a very gradual incline. The last 400 meters or so was extremely steep though. Towards the end of this hike, I got a nasty surprise when I got a text saying “Welcome to the USA! Data roaming charges apply.” I quickly turned on airplane mode and luckily, I don’t think I got charged. I always find that that happens on hikes in Sooke though. So be warned!

The end viewpoint of this hike is a STUNNING waterfall. It is well worth the short hike out to see it.

To see a videos I took of the falls, click on these: IMG_5661 or IMG_5663

Mary Vine Creek Falls

My dog Grizzly by the Falls

Why you should do this hike: It’s an easy, short, gradual hike out to a beautiful waterfall. The trail itself is gorgeous in fall. There is also an abundance of parking in the lot and outhouses.

Drawbacks/be aware of: This is not accessible by public transit and it’s about a 45 minute drive from Victoria. Also, you might get dinged with roaming charges if you leave your data on.

Video of Grizzly on his Way Back to the Car

Photo by me.

← Previous Post

Next Post →

1. Looks like a very nice hike. I’d not heard of it before, so thank-you for the heads up!